31 August, 2007

Ten Mile River trails

I've been going on hikes at the Ten Mile River trails for the past two days. On August 29 I took Max on the O'Shea Loop, which took up along the Delaware. We hiked about two hours but stayed by the river for another hour to rest and play in the water. Max didn't like the water but I swam in the river while Max stood on the shore looking very concerned.

On August 30 we took the yellow dot trail, which is also called the Tusten Mountain Trail, and went for a walk in the woods. The path took us to the summit of the hill (approx. 1,100 ft) and back down to the Delaware.

The views were great and the river was refreshing. But the best part was the absolute silence of the woods. For the hours of my hike, except for my own footsteps and Max's joyful rumps through the bushes, I got to enjoy a quiet walk in the Catskills.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: