25 February, 2005

President's Day Weekend - February 20-21, 2005

I traveled to New York City during President's Day weekend to see mom. The drive from Washington, DC to Brooklyn was challenging as the weather turned halfway through the afternoon. I left DC around 1pm and arrived in Brooklyn by 7pm. I was very pleased to see mom. I was also surprised that she wanted to have a few pints. She normally doesn't drink.

Snow doesn't seem so tough when I'm not driving. It also serves to cover up the grimy city. After mom went to sleep I took a walk around the block. Although the housing prices were lifted by last three years' real estate boom, the Bedford Stuyvesant neighborhood is hardly pleasing to look at. However, it was pleasant enough to have a walk in the snow and enjoy the city while it was asleep.

No comments: