25 February, 2005

Motorcycle Fancy

I've been thinking a lot about buying a motorcycle lately. While I mostly depend on the Washington Metro to get me around town, I think a motorcycle is a relatively inexpensive way to obtain an alternative way of getting myself around and out of Washington.

I've narrowed myself down to three models. They are the Honda Shadow Spirit 750, the Honda Shadow VLX, and the Suzuki Boulevard S40. While the idea of getting a smaller model is appealing for my intial learning phase, I've been thinking a lot about the 750 Shadow. It has enough horsepower to get me on the highway but it is small and manuverable enough to get me around the city.

I will visit a motorcycle dealer tomorrow and make my decision. Then I'll have to figure out a name for the bike.

No comments: