25 July, 2008

La Fête du Travail: Labor Day Weekend in Québec

Originally started in July for an AT trek but redrafted during and for travels made during Labor Day Weekend 2008 - I think I am a relatively stable and calm person. But recently I find myself to be short-tempered and have been generally grumpy to anyone I come in contact with. I've been trying to figure out the source of my anger and can't really pin my frustrating behavior on anything specific. I think I really need some time off.

It has been refreshing to be on the road again. I left Washington early yesterday evening for Labor Day Weekend and progressed northward in the dark. I found my mood lighter the farther I got away from people - co-workers, friends - anybody. I've been so charged up lately I would even blow up at people I care for.

I drove through a rainy Pennsylvania and arrived in the Catskills at half past midnight. It was extremely late to make camp, but I managed to put up my tent and crawled in to rest my body. But tried as I did, I could not fall asleep. I don't know if it's my life, my dying father, or the hard rocks I neglected to clear under my tent, but I laid wide-awake until a little past 03:00.

No comments: